Sunday, April 6, 2008

This is my very first post!

Well here I start on my blogging journey with not a morsel of knowledge on how it's done, why it's done or it's benefits. I started because I was told it's important for my new artwork business. It's important to promote yourself in the bloggosphere, they say. So to flourish my new found love, painting, I will educate myself on blogging and increase my awareness of the wide, wide world of blogging!!

I have been painting for almost a year now. It fell into my lap less than a year ago, after a few health scares. I needed something cathartic to lift my spirits and so I decided to take a brush to paint. The rest is history really. I never put the brush back down. I have had no formal training, I only know what looks good and feels good to me. I paint entirely from feeling and inspiration!

Ok so this is my first shot at blogging. As told by others in the biz... you HAVE to have a blog. Really?? Well I've been doing some minute research as I write this and it looks as though everyone is right... and EVERYONE has a blog!

My true goal is to promote my artwork, network with other artists, chat with my awesome customers and meet new people who have a passion for art! I'm hoping I can write a little something each day.

I hope that I can also inspire others with my artwork and my story. I've been painting for almost a year and have had mild success so far. It's been a sensational ride and I'm obsessed with painting and selling my paintings on-line. It's really a unique experience that I've grown to love!

My main on-line site right now is Etsy. My store address is www.chaanda.etsy.com. I also have my own site, www.chaanda.com. I've had great success with Etsy. I love the Etsy community. Everyone is so darn sweet and professional. I've met some AMAZING customers! And amazing artists.

I also belong to an Etsy Team called Interior Design Etsy Team. Go check out our site: http://interiordesignetsy.ning.com/ . We have some amazing talent in our group. We were created to draw attention to Artists on Etsy who create anything to decorate the home. Our main goal is to inspire and cross-promote each other.

Well... cheers to my first blog... and to many more!! Thank you to all my customers and fans for all your amazing support!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Chaanda!!

I'm so glad you are blogging. It's definitely good to have a blog for your business, and not just to sell, sell, sell. :) A blog is a great way for people to get to know you as a person, artist, etc., which can only help you.

I mean, I'm no expert, but I do blog a lot and read several business blogs. It's great to be able to get a glimpse at the person behind the product!

Chaanda said...

Megan this is how blogger-deficient I am.... I just realized you posted a comment to my first post back on Apr 7th.... DUH!!! Thanks for the compliments and you're right. It just took me a while to see how important blogging is. You were on of the one's who inspired me by the way!!!